I don’t have any tattoos or plans to get any. I have nothing against tattoos, but I fear flu shots so I don’t think I would do well with getting a tattoo. Plus, there are very few things that have remained total constants in my life, so I’m not big on the idea of having something permanently on my skin.
However, I think some tattoos look totally awesome when they are done right. I do have some geeky and not so geeky loves that would be in the running if I ever decided to get a tattoo.
- Anchor- I love anchors because it reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses: “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.”- Hebrew 6:19. It would definitely be a small anchor probably on my ankle, easily hidden at work.
- Terry Texas Star- The Terry Scholarship changed my life and is something I will always be involved with. Another small tattoo idea would be to get the Texas/Star part of their logo.
- Star Trek Insignia- Here is where it gets geeky. I grew up on Star Trek so if I were in the market for a geeky tattoo, it would be a Star Trek tattoo. Since my favorite series (Enterprise) doesn’t have an insignia really, I would go with the Command Insignia from the reboot.
- Habs Logo- Because I’m a hockey geek and Montreal Canadiens die-hard fan.
- J. R. R. Tolkien Logo- I loved reading the books and seeing the movies, plus LOTR was the first thing I really geeked out over. I always wished my initials would do some kind of cool logo.