It’s Monday and August 1st! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was actually pretty relaxing. I got to spend sometime with friends and family without a long to do list.
I’ve been considering doing a regular blog post for a while and have decided to start Monday Musings. This is a just a weekly way to talk about a few things going on and help keep me on a regular blogging schedule. Without further ado here is my first Monday Musings.
On The Blog:
- August Small Goals is going up this afternoon.
- I’m hoping to do a Quakecon packing post on Wednesday, but we will see.
Love & Life:
- Six years ago today, I met Michael. It seems like that was so long ago.
- My baby sister is moving into a new apartment this weekend. I am really excited for her.
- I became an Associate Member of IREM last month.
- I’m hoping to start my third Real Estate Class this week or next.
- I have a short work week because of Quakecon! Yay!
- I got these boots from the #NSale. I can’t wait for Dallas to get a little cooler so I can wear them.
- I just bought this dress for my friends’ wedding in March. I’m excited to see it in person and try it on.
- I just started crocheting a puppy dog hat and diaper cover. My favorite yarn (Lily Sugar n’ Cream) was on sale so I had to pick some up and start a new project.
- I attempted this washi wall collage heart, but failed.
- Podcast: I just finished listening to this week’s Puck Podcast. I love this podcast about all things going on in the NHL. Highly recommend.
- Music: I heard an older Maroon 5 song last week and remembered how much I loved their less known songs.
- TV: I am working my way through West Wing on Netflix. I really like it even if it is a bit older.
- Gaming: I may be a little obsessed with Overwatch. I love that I finally have a team game that I like to play.
- I am finishing up Journey’s End by Renee Ryan. Not my favorite book ever, but it’s an okay read.
- I’m finishing up Philippians for my Women’s Bible Study. I memorized the whole book when I was in high school, but I am really enjoying digging into it a little more.
Looking Forward To:
- Quakecon! We check-in on Wednesday!
- Seeing our friends who are in town for Quakecon.
- Loved reading about Stephanie’s geeky love story here.
- Nicole’s sentiments about wearing Spanx echoed my own.
- I loved a lot of these finds by Valery as seen in this video.