I’m so excited because I got to wear sweater to work this morning. I know that this cool down is probably temporary, but yay for sweaters for today!
On The Blog:
- I’m doing pretty well with keeping up with Monday Musings.
- My October Small Goals post will go up at the end of the week.
Love & Life:
- We moved the last of Michael’s stuff on Tuesday and then watched the WCOH Team Canada versus Team USA game.
- I got my hair cut and decided to change up a little by getting thick fringe bangs. I kind of love them!
- Michael’s brother was in town this weekend so we took him to a local arcade and some brewery tours.
- My mom was able to finally go to Kendra Scott with my sister and I to pick out her birthday gift. She got some gorgeous earrings.
- I finished my Promulgated Contracts class so I am officially half way through my Real Estate license classes!
- I resisted spending temptation this week and didn’t spend any money!
- My Christmas projects are coming along, but not as quickly as I would like.
- Podcast: I love hearing the preseason previews on the Puck Podcast and the reviews of the WCOH.
- Music: Michael shared a Megachill playlist with me that actually really helped with my Final for my Real Estate License class
- TV: Fall TV is back. I watched This Is Us and Designated Survivor. Both so good!
- I was so happy to watch hockey again on Tuesday, plus Carey Price was in net for Team Canada.
- Team Canada is in the finals and will be playing Team Europe in a best of three tournament. I think we all know how this is going to end.
Looking Forward To:
- Terry Officer Meeting
- Relaxing weekend with no real plans
- I loved Cara’s tips on simplifying your morning routine.
I’m so exhausted and my body is so sore, but Michael is pretty much moved to his new place.
On The Blog:
- I got my first sponsored post up on Friday! Check it out here.
- I’m hoping to do a post on what I wear to work for business casual.
Love & Life:
- My mom went home from the hospital on Friday. It will be a while before she is back to her old self, but this is a good step on the road to recovery.
- This weekend was pretty much all packing and moving, but Michael is happy with the new place.
- My small group at church started back up. I love doing life with this group of people.
- We took a break from moving on Saturday night and went to Oktoberfest in Addison. Michael talked me into riding one of the rides. I had my eyes closed the whole time.
- I had my first Terry Advisory Board meeting. It was interesting to see another side of the Terry Foundation.
- I got some cute pieces from one of the vendors that comes to my office building. They are both going to be great when it hits fall temperatures, plus who can resist a 2 for $25 deal.
- I started on my second of seven projects this week!
- Podcast: I missed seeing the ladies from Stuff You Missed in History Class live when they came to Dallas, but I still got to listen to the episode!
- Music: Loving The Script right now.
- TV: I changed thing up a bit at the beginning of this week and watched MasterChef Junior at the beginning of this week. ( The only time I had to watch TV.)
- I didn’t get to watch any of the games, but I kept track of the games. Team Canada won their game, but Team USA did not which was sad.
Looking Forward To:
- World Cup of Hockey Team Canada versus Team USA game
- Time to relax (maybe?)
**This is a sponsored post. I got samples for free through Influenster, but all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.**
Happy Friday! This post was supposed to be up a while ago, but life got in the way so here it my first sponsored post!
I am always trying new products in my hair. I am constantly on the look-out for something to make my hair softer, less frizzy and just more manageable in general. So I was pretty excited when Influenster and TRESemme sent me samples of a new shampoo and conditioner system. I have a rotation of different shampoos and conditioners that I use and TRESemme is in the rotation.
I have to say I was pretty skeptical about using the Beauty-FULL Reverse Wash Shampoo & Conditioner at first. Using conditioner before shampoo seemed weird, but I am always open to trying something new in the hair department. I decided to use my samples on a day that I was blow drying and straightening my hair.
I have to say that using the conditioner first threw off my shower routine. I have a certain order to my shower and using conditioner first meant I had to really think about what I was doing. It’s not a huge deal since I’m sure I would just fall into a different routine the more I used it.
I have to say, my hair did not feel as soft right out of the shower. I realize that this softness may be contributed to the conditioner residue that this system is supposed to solve, but I like that softness.
My biggest issue didn’t come up until I started drying my hair. I went through my normal hair routine. I sprayed both Matrix Style Link Turbo Dryer Blow Dry Spray & Matrix Total Results Miracle Creator Multi-Tasking Treatment through out my hair and then brushed it out before starting to blow dry. As I was using my dryer, I noticed my hair was starting to tangle. I have never had an issue with my hair tangling, so that was a little disappointing.
Ten minutes later, my hair was dry so I put the finishing touches on with the straightener. Nothing really stood out as I finished up my look.
I really enjoyed this opportunity to reverse my routine and try a new product, but I don’t think it is something that I will be picking up off the shelf. There wasn’t anything about that stood out as just great and there were just a couple tiny things that bothered me. I will probably just stick to my regular hair and shampoo routine for now.
Have you ever tried something that you felt pretty neutral about? What type of new products are you open to trying?
I am ready for life to slow down a bit, but that doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon.
On The Blog:
- I had a post planned for Wednesday of Friday, but I didn’t get the finishing touches done on it. I am hoping to get it out this week.
Love & Life:
- My mom went into the hospital on Tuesday, so I left work early to go see her. She has had a rough week, but is doing better now.
- Michael and I went to see “For the Love of Spock.” It is a documentary about Spock and Leonard Nimoy. It was really good.
- I went to the baby shower and finished the diaper cover and hat.
- Saturday night, Michael and I went to see La Rondalla Romantica de Dallas for one of Michael’s class assignments. It was interesting to hear a different type of music.
- I polished up my resume so I can get it sent out to some places.
- I attended an Terry alumni and current scholar pizza party and UTD. It was great to see how some of the freshmen that I interviewed were doing.
- Bath & Body Works had a sale so I stocked up on some lotion and got a free three wick candle.
- I got two new tops this week. They are just some nice sleeveless work tops that were only $3 each.
- My first Christmas gift project is really taking shape. Hopefully the next two go just as smoothly.
- Podcast: My hockey podcast, Puck Podcast, has started their season preview which means the NHL season is right around the corner!
- Music: I’m pretty much in love with the new Gavin DeGraw album.
- TV: I’ve been binge watching The West Wing while I work on my crochet projects. I just got to the season that was aired in 2001 and you can definitely tell there was a shift in thinking.
- I need to read more. I’ve just been so busy that reading has taken a back seat to the rest of my life.
- The World Cup of Hockey prelim games have started. I have not had time to watch any yet, but I’m so excited to watch hockey again.
Looking Forward To:
- Terry Luncheon
- Michael’s Move (He will be so much closer to me)
- World Cop of Hockey Officially Starting
It has been a pretty busy week with a little of everything. I had quite a few ups and downs this week and a lot of insecurity about my future, However, I am trusting God to get me through everything.
On The Blog:
Love & Life:
- Michael and I went out on a date on Tuesday which was really nice. We went and saw Kubo and the Two Strings. It was a good movie and I enjoyed the time with Michael.
- Friday night, we had a surprise party for a friend. It was fun to get to hang out with everyone all at once and I got to bake a cake for it!
- We went to a Frisco RoughRiders game while Grandma Michelle was in town. It was a lot of fun to see my family and take in a minor league baseball game with fireworks at the end.
- Sunday night, my stepdad had a party for my mom’s birthday. The taco bar was great and so was the cake. Afterwards, Michael and I headed to Dallas to see a Tom Petty cover band with some friends.
- This week I found out that I will need to get a new job by the end of the year. The reasons are complicated, but that is the bottom.
- I’m on a bit of a spending freeze right now. I’m just trying to make sure I have a lot in savings in case my jobs don’t overlap.
- I’m about half way done with one of the Christmas gifts for my sibling. I;m really excited about them.
- Podcast: I need some new podcast suggestions. I’ve been going through podcasts pretty quickly lately.
- Music: I’ve been really enjoying the Discover Weekly playlist that Spotify curates for me every week.
- TV: I’m finishing up Homeland. It is a really intense show, but I really like it!
- Gaming: Overwatch Season 2 has started so all ranks have reset. Time to work on my new ranking.
- I’m trying to pick out my September Kindle First book.
Looking Forward To:
- UTD Terry Pizza Party
- Baby Shower for my cousin on Saturday
- I really enjoyed reading Alissa’s thoughts through one day. I could really relate to some of them.
- I want to try all of these apple recipes. I love fall baking.
- I love the way Tif and Becky styled these LuLaRoe pieces. I really want to try some of those leggings.
I can’t believe it is already September! I’m actually pretty excited about August being over. It was a rough month for me even though I had two vacations. I’m looking forward to a better September. Let’s recap my August goals.
- Use Snapchat and Instagram More: So I was doing pretty okay with this goal until my phone broke and I couldn’t use it for a week and a half. Also, with Instagram stories rolling out I find that I am taking the same picture twice. I need to decide what I want to put on which platform.
- Work-Out 2x a Week: This didn’t happen. I have been rather lazy this month with my work-out routines. I really need to get excited about working out again.
- Maintain Monday Musings: So I am counting this as done. I missed one week, but that was because I was at the beach condo with no internet.
- Watch Less TV: So I’m going to say this counts as half done. I’ve watched a lot of TV these past two weeks, but only because with Michael in school full-time and working full-time, I have a lot more time to myself. I have been making sure that all my chores are done before settling on the couch with my latest project for TV so that is an improvement.
- Take Mouse to the Vet: I did this, although I seriously put off until the end of the month. I actually was considering putting off for another month until Mouse started peeing on the bed and I noticed a reddish tint to it. At that point, I had to take him to the vet and get his UTI taken care of on top of all the other stuff he needed.
So overall that makes 2.5/5 goals achieved. Not great, but I’ll take it. Let’s move on to September.
- Spruce Up My Resume: I found out this week that I will need to find a new job by the first of the year. It’s a long story, but I need to make sure that I am ready and that my resume is ready.
- Finish my Promulgated Contracts Class: I am currently taking Real Estate License classes online and I really need to finish them as quickly as possible. If I have my license, it will be much easier to find a better job.
- Use To Do Lists More at Home: I use lists all the time at work and it has really helped with my productivity and focus. I want to apply this technique to my home life as well. I have a day designer planner that has a To Do List section, but I really haven’t used it. I think I would feel much more accomplished at the end of the day if I had list of everything I finished that evening.
- Finish 3 Crochet Projects: I have 7 crochet projects total to finish in time for Christmas. I have one that is like 1/3 of the way done, so I think it is realistic to finish that one and the other two that are identical this month, especially with all the free time I have while Michael is in class.
- Post 2x a Week: Having more time to myself means I want to dedicate some of it to my blog. I hope to be able to post at least 2x a week and have those posts planned ahead of time.
Here’s to a better and more productive SEptemeer. Also, quick shout-out to my mom! Her birthday is today! Happy Birthday, Mom. Love you lots!
As always, I’ll be linking up with Nicole at Writes Like A Girl.
What are some of your goals for September? Do you have any tips for resume building?