You may remember that one of my February Small Goals was to post once a week. In order to help with that, I have decided to start a new series called Wednesday Reviews. I will be reviewing some products I am using at the time of the review. For now, these products are ones that I buy on my own and choose to share my opinions, however, I do get a small commission if you make a purchase through the links provided.
This week I wanted to talk about some of the products I use on my face on a daily basis. First, let me tell you a bit about the type of skin that I have so you can use that as a reference point when looking at these reviews. I have combination skin which means that it is oily in some places and dry in others. I have light skin with cool undertones and quite a bit of redness.I find that being aware of my skin’s features helps me make better decisions about how to care for it.
The first thing I put on my face after cleansing and moisturizing in the morning is face primer. Lately, I have been using Maybelline’s FaceStudio Master Prime Blur + Redness Contorl Primer. They have different varieties. This one is to use for blur and redness control. I have to say I am pretty neutral about it. It is lightweight and does not feel oily on my skin. I have a hard time telling just how much it reduces the redness in my face. I found myself still really needing a finishing spray to keep my make-up in place through out my work day. At only $9.99, I did not expect it to be perfect. I would probably buy it again if I don’t find something that works better at that price point.
I used to use Urban Decay foundation, but with my new budget, I had to start using something a little less pricey. I’ve tried a couple different foundations before settling on this e.l.f Flawless Finish Foundation in Porcelain. I like the quality of e.l.f products and the price can’t be beat. This foundation provides great coverage without being too heavy on my face. I use an off brand blending sponge off Amazon to put it on. Then, I use this NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer. It blends really well into the foundation with my mini blender. It is also lightweight and covers up imperfections without looking caked on.
My last beauty share is this Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray. The first time I saw this brand and the low price, I was intrigued. I tried the fixing spray and was pretty happy with it. I like that it helps keep my skin from feeling oily through out the day as well as keeping my make up on my face. It feels good on my skin when I spray it on and it dries pretty quickly. I don’t know that I would say it lasts 12 hours as the bottle claims, but it keeps for at least the 9-10 hours I’m at work.
So there is my thoughts and opinions on those products. Let me know if there is another type of product you would like me to review.
Well, it’s officially February! I want to say that I can’t believe I didn’t find the time in January to write a single post, but actually I can believe. If there is one thing I have learned in this past month, it is to give myself grace. I had some unexpected things happen at work that pretty much doubled my workload, plus the organizations I volunteer with have started up again. I have been coming home exhausted almost every night, only to be reminded that there is more on my schedule than just work. January has been a busy month professionally and personally.
All that to say, blogging was not a priority in January as is reflected below in my January goal recap:
- Start Blogging Again: See long rant above!
- Start Hockey Wednesday: I’m half tempted to count this half done because I started a post, but if I’m being honest it falls under blogging not being a priority.
Stick to a Budget and Pay Off a Credit Card: First a little happy dance for accomplishing what I marked as “a big one.” Through a lot of hard work and putting clothes back on the rack, I ended the month with my budget in tact and payed off a credit card. Now I only have one credit card with a balance and have a payment plan for it.
Cut Out Carbs: Another big one accomplished. While I have lost some weight, the biggest plus for me is that I feel much healthier. Through meal planning, reading ingredients and using will power, I am off sugar and things that turn into sugar.
Start Scripture Journaling: So I started Scripture journaling, but then I stopped. I had my alarm set for 20 minuted before I needed to get up so I could use it to journal. That 20 minutes turned into my snooze time pretty early in January. Definitely something to work on in February.
So here is hoping for a better February goal-wise. Two of these goals are variations of unaccomplished January ones.
- Make Quiet Time a Priority: This may mean going to bed earlier so I can get up earlier, or turning off the TV earlier and doing my quiet time with God at night. I’m gonna figure out what works best for me and put it into action.
- Post At Least Once a Week: So I am going to start small. If I can manage more posts in a week, then I’ll have overachieved. I just feel that this goal is more realistic than saying I’m going to post twice or more a week.
- Use My Planner More: I have gotten away from using my planner lately. I think the empty scripture page has gotten to me, so I don’t open it any more. I had a couple times in January when I lost track of dates, so I need to get back to being a bit more organized, especially with everything kicking into high gear.
- Work-Out Once A Week: So now that I have my eating under control, I need to work toward being more active. Once again, I am being realistic and starting small.
- Drink More Water: I need to be better at staying hydrated. I can seriously feel how dehydrated my body is at times, especially the morning after a day that I barely drank water. The goal here is really to try drinking at least two 24oz bottles of water a day. Once again, starting small and realistic.
Obviously the theme of this month is setting small realistic goals. I already have some ideas on how to accomplish some of these, but I am always open to suggestions, especially if you have found something that works for you.
As always, I’m linking with Nicole at Writes Like a Girl! Go check out her awesome blog as well as the other bloggers setting small goals for the month!