Hello 2017 and World of the Internet. It has been a while! I took a long break from blogging this fall for a few reasons. The biggest being that my life seemed to be spiraling a bit and I needed to figure some stuff out. The good news is that I have done that for the most part and am now back to a place where I can write and post things again.
So since, I have not posted any small goals for a few months, I figure I’ll make this my 2017 and January goals.
First 2017! I can’t believe it is already a new year. I’m hoping for some big things this year, some of which are out of my control so we will see. I have decided to make too many specific goals/resolutions for 2017. I have chosen a word for this year though! That word is focus. I have found that recently my life has lacked focus. I have just been going through life hoping and wishing that things will happen to me. I really haven’t had a focus and it has taken a toll on me.
Here are some of the things I am going to focus on:
- Focus on God and His plan for me
- Focus on building my career
- Focus on who I am as a person and not as a relation
- Focus on my budget
- Focus on my health
- Focus on being joyful through everything
So now on to specific goals for January:
- Start Blogging Again: I have missed blogging. I never had a ton of followers, but it has been a nice outlet and I look forward to doing it again. I am going to try to post more consistently and get stuff done ahead of time (I am working on this post on Sunday to publish on Monday).
- Start Hockey Wednesday: This is something I have had in the works for a while, but I really want to dedicate a weekly post to hockey. I am working on a Hockey 101 series that I am hoping to start this month.
- Stick to Budget and Pay Off A Credit Card: This is a big one. Budgets are easy in theory, but when that cute outfit you have been wanting stares at you in the face, budgets seem to be forgotten. I do have a budget laid out and I have scheduled the last payment on one my credit cards.
- Cut Out Carbs: This is another big one. I have gained a lot of weight at the end of the year and it is not good for my health. I can feel how unhealthy my body is. One of my good friends cut out carbs and has had a lot of success, so I am going to lean onhere for help with this.
- Start Scripture Journaling: I found the Intentional Planner, through Molly of Still Being Molly and I knew I had to have one. I got one and plan on using the Scripture Journaling part everyday. I really want to seek God’s purpose and plan for my life this year, so this is a good start.
So there you go! I am hoping that my few readers will keep me accountable to these goals and focuses. Please reach out and ask how I am doing on my goals for the month.
Just like I used to, I am linking up with Nicole over at Writes Like A Girl and the rest of the goal setting bloggers!
Comment below with some of your goals or tips for any of mine!